Tuesday, July 2, 2013

happy birthday Canada!!

Canada turned 146 this Monday on July 1st! To celebrate we went to a pick-your-own farm (almost all things are closed for the national holiday).
all natural no herbicide..you can see the weeds growing with the berries lol


my brother,showcasing his stash(his meager,pathetic stash)


we were super lucky to catch the last field of new potatoes being unearthed. Also snagged some fresh peas and made an awesome chicken noodle soup for lunch.



After lunch we headed out to Bluffers park which is a large park above the cliffs of lake Ontario. The view was so worth the risk of falling to our deaths (which has happened to people unfortunately..it's a steep drop).


Sitting by the cliff with the wind blowing at my skirt. Someone behind me was singing and playing a guitar. I felt magical xD. 

There was a community BBQ and fireworks event for the day. Live music, free food and drinks, games and entertainment for the kids, it was wonderful and my family makes a point to go every year.

 *Bonus picture. The Toronto police playing volleyball with children <3






No comments:

Post a Comment

It can only go up from here

It's been a while yes. I'm still Jenny and I still do things...BUT  a lot has happened.  I got another dog. Her name is LuLu and s...